13.2.06

What I'm reading now...


I really love to read. I always have a book (or two) on the go, as well as loads of magazines and craft and design books. I also got a few books around Christmastime that I am currently working my way through. I just finished a book called "Three Day Road" by Joseph Boyden that I think is fantastic. It's the story of two best friends, who are from the Oji-Cree tribe in Ontario, fighting in the First World War. Not only did this book let me learn a lot about native culture at that time, but it has a narrative that makes it unputdownable. Highly recommended.
The book that I have just started to read is called "The Turning" and it's by an Australian author called Tim Winton. It's a series of stories, and although I have just started reading the first one, I can tell that I'm really going to like it. My favorite book by Tim Winton is called "Cloudstreet" and I really have to recommend that one. It's a rambling saga about a couple of quirky families in the 1940s. While the book has a lot of humour, it also quite tragic. It's one of those books that gets you really involved with the characters, and you feel as though you know them.
I am always looking for recommendations too, so if there is anyone out there reading this, let me know what books you've read and loved.

No comments: