11.6.06

Now I know how Noah felt...

It's been raining steadily here for the past two weeks. Not quite 40 days and nights, but it's starting to feel that way. It's kind of depressing, I haven't been able to get outside much, and I have a serious case of the blahs. Well, my blahs were lifted slightly yesterday when we went to the giant flea market at Saint George's Church. It's a once a year event, and there's always a big red circle around it on my calendar. People line up at the gate, and run in when it opens. I myself make a beeline for the antiques and furniture. Got there a little bit late this year and missed out on the great stuff, but did pick up this coat for Martin.
I think that it's great, it's definitely his colour, and did I mention it's a Burberry? Very high quality, and a steal at ten bucks! The little toggles are so cute, just like Paddington Bears! Umm, I meant to say that it's an incredibly manly coat that lots of macho guys would wear, right Martin?
Later on yesterday, in a frenzy of cabin fever and decluttering, I decided to have my own yard sale. A bunch of people at the other end of the street were having one today, and I thought that I would take advantage of their advertising and put on one of my own. I dug out lots of old magazines, clothes, and other unwanted stuff, made price labels and went to bed dreaming of the pub dinner we could have with the proceeds. I awoke this morning to rain. The yard sale was off. Now, I'll schlep all this stuff down to the basement and hope for a sunny day...

No comments: