14.10.07

Getting all my ducks in a row...


Production for the upcoming season is in full force. Everywhere you look in my studio is filled with books and collages in production, and these fellows are lined up on top of a cabinet in the living room. I took my collages off to a printer, they were scanned and this is the result - some greeting cards! I'm really happy with the way they turned out. They're not really ducks, but birds just didn't have the same ring. Anyhow, these are samples printed on a number of different cardstocks - I've decided which one I like and will be having them printed up very soon. I'm really excited about this - making the books and collages is so labour intensive that I can never seem to keep up. Having the cards (and possibly some prints?) will hopefully allow me to get my work out there in an affordable, accessible way. I'm kind of excited about this - I'm really hoping this card idea will fly. Sorry, couldn't resist another corny pun...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Definitely a card I would love to send someone - and to have one to keep for myself! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks Trudi, I just got lost in the anthropologie site... it's now way past bed time. Your cards are gorgeous. Cheers. D.

Steph said...

Trudi - will you be participating in some of the craft markets in Halifax this fall? I'd love to see your stuff in person... and maybe buy a few things! My husband and I have been drooling over your work.

Heather said...

Do you have an online shop???

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Yay! I am so happy that you found a good alternative to the higher prices items- something for everyone.
My studio sounds like yours right now- I'm spilling out into the adjoining kitchen.

trudi said...

Hey all,

Thanks for your nice comments. To answer some questions - Steph - I'll be participating in the NSDCC markets on the weekend of November 16-18. I'd love it if you dropped by to say hi! And, Heather, I'm hoping to have an online shop in the near future. There will be a little announcement on the blog when I get it all together. Now - back to work!