7.3.08

Nancybird

I am slowly getting over my jetlag and poring over photos and memories of our trip to Sydney. Our main reason for going was to visit family and friends - my husband is an Australian, and I lived in Sydney with him for eight years. It was fantastic seeing everyone again after four years, and we had many great times together. As an added bonus, I got to explore Sydney again, and see lots of amazing Australian art, design and craft. The nancybird wallet you see above combines both time with our family and Australian design. I admired it while on a shopping trip with my sister-in-law, and then the family bought it for me as a combined Christmas/birthday present. I love the wallet - all the fabrics are hand-printed, and it's got birds embroidered on it - what's not to like? And, everytime I use it I'll be reminded of everyone back in Sydney. So, thanks to everyone for the lovely gift, and the lovely time.

More posts on Sydney to come soon, right now it's time to go and blob with "The Darjeeling Limited." In the meantime, if you want more info on Australian design, check out the Design*Sponge guest blog by Real Living's Natalie Walton - also author of the inspiring blog daily imprint. It's been great to read more about a lot of the amazing designers I saw in Australia in Natalie's guest blog posts, and I can see daily imprint becoming a daily read.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I am lusting after you new wallet, I'm in need of one to replace the kid's wallet I've been using for the past 10 years.

I'd be interested to hear what you thought of Darjeeling Limited. I think it might take 2 or 3 viewings to appreciate, but upon first viewing it made we want to decorate the new house like an Indian passenger train.