3.4.08

Things....



It's been a while since I last posted, but not really for lack of news. I've had a busy time, with family get togethers, a lovely greek meal with friends, a girly craft night, some shopping, a trip to the vet, and of course, working on my books and artworks. Above is some experimentation I did a while ago when I was coming up with my collages. I knew that I wanted to use Japanese paper, but wasn't sure how to define shapes without the pattern overwhelming them. Although I don't think this is entirely successful, there is something I like about it.

What else can I tell you? Martin has become the manager of my etsy shop. No one told me that selling on etsy was such an art form! I just popped my stuff in there and hoped for the best. It's a bit difficult getting noticed in such a big group of beautiful work - so Martin has been listing and re-listing my items - and it's worked! Some of my bird prints and cards are winging their way to new homes right now, and - I just think that's lovely.

Oh - and Jeu de Paumes books are now available from Yvestown. I bought one from Kinokuniya when I was in Australia, and I just love it. I think I might have to get another one - maybe Paris Brocante or Stockholm's Ateliers. I just love books about studios and shops. That reminds me, the magazine Paper, Scissors, Cloth has just put out a studio issue. There are some amazing spaces and organizational ideas in there.

So, that's what I've been up to. How about you?

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I hate that I have been to Kinokuniya a zillion ttimes, but since learning about Japanese craft books I don't have acccess. I am obsessed with the Swedish ones I've bought so far. AND a big Whoppin' CONGRATULATIONS on another Apt. Therapy mention! Now if only I could visit NS and see it in person.