9.10.08

Bonjour Quebec!

We had an amazing time in Quebec City. The sky was this blue every single day with a little chill in the air - perfect for the miles and miles that we walked around this beautiful place.
We ate lots of delicious food, saw some great scenery and just soaked up the atmosphere. It is the 400th anniversary of Quebec City this year - so there were many special events happening. One of them was an exhibit of art from the Louvre. It was a great opportunity to see some amazing artworks - my favorite part the exhibit was portraits of artists by other artists.
The photos I've posted today are all from the old town - we stayed outside of the walls but spent a lot of our days walking around here. As you can see from the photo above - a lot of other people had the same idea. We spent alot of time in the St. Jean and St. Roch areas as well - more local and less touristy - I'll talk about those a bit tomorrow.

We got away from the crowds for a little while by taking the ferry across the river so that we could look back and see the city. (Hmm - my glasses look a bit like blublockers in this shot - does anyone remember that bad commercial?). As I mentioned - I'll do another post about QC tomorrow with some links to great places to shop - and of course - eat!

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I was thinking you were on an extended trip + not back for a couple weeks. I was thinking about you with that hurricane headed for NS. I did not hear anything devistating so I guess all is well.

Sabine said...

What a nice city, looks very french, no?

Austen said...

Looks like you had a lovely trip! Such fun. And I can't wait to hear about the tasty food...I hope it wasn't all-poutine, all-the-time! ;^)