7.1.11

the society inc.



Martin spent this Christmas visiting his family in Sydney, and when he asked if there was anything I wanted him to bring back, I immediately asked for the book Etc. by Sibella Court.  I have loved Sibella's style since seeing her NY loft in a magazine a few years ago, and my love was further cemented by seeing the "Man Shops Globe" Sydney episode.  Martin said that her shop, The Society Inc., was in a bit of flux when he was there.  They are in the process of turning it into an old school hardware haberdashery - swoon!  I just think it's amazing the way that Sibella has taken her passion for collecting old things and turning it into her work.  I have that same passion, but my family and friends would just call my stuff "junk".

(Image from Society Inc. website.)

No comments: