24.7.11

No Knead Bread

I've been doing a lot of cooking lately.  One of the things I've tried is the no-knead bread from Jim Lahey's "My Bread."  It's really good.  It tastes like something from a specialty bakery - I'm amazed at how it turned out.  The only thing I don't like is the long rising time - I'm wondering if I can keep the unbaked dough in the fridge and take it out as needed, like they recommend in this book.  Anyhow, it's a revolution in baking, and I'm really glad I tried this!

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

This is my absolutely favorite bread! Seriously, I can sit down with a fresh out-of-the-oven loaf and this really good goat milk butter I buy and carbo-load! And you know I love that his name is Jim Lahey, but no one in my world besides my boyfriend gets the reference.

I omitted the tea towel in the rising since I had to throw it out because I could not get the dough off it + the more I washed it, the worse it got. Also, I added a heaping handful of fresh chopped rosemary to the dough and made it into rosemary bread.

http://laladexpress.blogspot.com/2009/12/lot-of-round-foods-lately.html