19.8.06

Save me Dr. Joshi, you're my only hope!


After a few weeks of extreme over-indulgence on my holidays, I have decided to embark on Dr. Joshi's 21 day detox program. I got up late this morning, went out for breakfast and had a large cappucino and egg and cheese panini. I bought the book, and read it lying out on the porch sipping coffee and eating chocolate. As you can imagine, this detox thing may prove to be a challenge for me! Still, I think I am up for the challenge. Dr. Joshi will still allow me to eat many foods that I love - veggies, yoghurt, bannanas, goat's cheese, tofu - so I am hoping that I can get by. Eliminating coffee and alcohol will be difficult, but I have been so sluggish and having so many headaches lately, that I'm ready to try anything that might help. So, wish.me.luck.

Oh, and I just want to say that I didn't buy the book because of the Gwyneth Paltrow thing on the cover. If anything, that freaked me out a little.

5 comments:

mishka said...

I'd love to hear how this goes!

Marieke said...

Is it good? I'm curious - and might order it myself, after all this wine and macarons :-)

Trudi said...

Mishka, don't worry, I am sure that I will be boring everyone with my progress, or lack thereof!

And, Marieke, I am not sure yet whether it's good. The book is definitely interesting, a lot of his ideas are based on ayervedic (sic?) principles.

Trish said...

I have just started this diet, too. I'm three days into it. My head is killing me (caffeine withdrawal? chocolate withdrawal? Take your pick) but I'm actually feeling pretty good otherwise. I'm blogging about it too, just to add some pressure. Well, good luck!

Linda said...

I've been taking detox pills for the past two weeks - and I'm not impressed. I'd like to try the Dr. Joshi diet instead. Any suggestions are appreciated until I can get a copy of the book.