2.9.07

Cheers - Part Two - It all ends in tears...

Well, not exactly tears, but my gocco print session didn't end as sucessfully as I'd hoped. The prints I was getting just weren't as even and crisp as I would have liked. I think the reason for this is the design that I chose is one that went over the edge of the card. I think that one of the limitations of gocco is that your design has to fit perfectly on the little pad provided. If it goes just one bit off the pad, it will print splotchily. I know that my problem wasn't the ink - because I inked the crap out of that screen!The prints don't look too bad in the photo, but they really weren't very good. Nothing I would be happy to sell. I might be able to cut them up and make some little tags or something out of them - so not a total loss. Anyhow, now that I know more about how the gocco works and what it can do, I'm going to produce another design that doesn't flow over the edge of the page. With Christmas coming up though, I think that I will have to focus on producing lots of books and canvases to meet upcoming orders, and leave the cards for next year.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

no-no-no not tears! i wish i knew something (anything) about gocco, but i'm just so sorry that it did not work out. perhaps someone out there has some suggestions because i really want to see the finished product- i loved the design.