14.12.07

Flying Away

I've been away from the blog for a little bit, but it's not for lack of news. I've been super busy with double happiness - which is great - and also just getting ready for the holiday season. I guess my big news is that in February, I will be "flying away" for a holiday in Sydney, Australia. My husband is from there, and I lived there for eight years, so it is like a bit of a homecoming. I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends, and also going to some of my old haunts - gelato at Bar Italia, pizza at Moretti, checking out the Paddington and Balmain markets, swimming in warm water, browsing around Newtown, drinking really nice coffee...it's going to be really nice. I'm also hoping to do some shopping for paper and book supplies, and I'm wondering if anyone out there reading might have any recommendations in this regard? I know a few places, but it's been a while since I've been back, so I'm wondering if there is anything new and exciting I should check out?

Right now, it's really hard to imagine going away. It's been snowing lightly all week, and we are due to get another storm starting Sunday afternoon. So, right now I've got some red wine and magazines, ready to hunker down for a long winter evening...


1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Very fun for you, I now how much you have wanted to go for awhile. AND it will be warm.

I hope you will report on this craft show you mentioned.