8.4.10

More Kitchen Inspiration



The mini kitchen makeover I mentioned a while back is slowly coming together.  We have redone the floors in "faux" slate tile - which is a huge improvement on the yellowing white vinyl we had previously, and in a couple of weeks, we are having new countertops installed - yay!  Again, they are a "faux" slate, but this is a budget makeover, remember?  Above I've done a little collage of other finishes and things I'd like to have.  I'm planning to paint the walls Spring Melt (top left, a Martha Stewart colour from Home Depot), I've already bought the Price Pfister faucet featured (on clearance - woo hoo!), the Red Kitchen Aid was a housewarming gift (and is one of my favorite things), the kitchen island is from Ikea (not available for delivery on their site - I'd like to find something similar locally), the wallpaper - which I'm planning to use as a backsplash is from the Countour series from Graham and Brown (it's made for kitchens and bathrooms and can be wiped down), finally - the lightfixture is from Schoolhouse Electric.  The other picture is just an inspirational photo that I love - and I am planning on incorporating a chalkboard wall, as well as giving the cabinets a fresh coat of white paint.

Phew, I get tired just thinking about it!  But, I'm really excited for it to all come together, and to have a kitchen that's more functional, and more "us."  Stay tuned for some photos...

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

YAY!
A kitchen re-do is on our list (the fence co. will finish up the privacy fence tomorrow). I am actually dreading it since I use the kitchen every day with all the cooking I do + dread having to eat out every night for many weeks, possibly.

Looking forward to details.