22.6.08

Goals

I just finished my first "short week" at work, and "long weekend" at home. I have to say, things are going pretty well. I got a number of custom orders off to the post office, with a few more well underway, I got to clean up my house, I cooked, I made muffins twice (they were from a packet mix - but still...) - all in all, I'm just feeling lots better, and not so overwhelmed by all the demands on my time. But, that's not to say I'm just going to be sitting around - I have lots of goals that I want to accomplish. I'm hoping that writing them down here will help me achieve them, so here goes -

-write in this blog on a regular basis - saying everyday would be setting myself up for failure. Maybe every second day - even if it is only a picture or a few short words.

-make lots of books from my current product line in preparation for Christmas, as well as develop all the ideas for new books that have been floating around in my head. Ditto that for collage pieces.

-keep the house in some sort of decent order, and try to tackle some of the little maintenance jobs that have been building up. Also, continue on campaign of "pretti-fying" by hanging artwork, recovering chairs, etc.

-get up early every morning and take Milo on a long walk. It's good exercise for both of us, and it tires him out so that he has a nice long nap while I'm trying to work.

-take a bit of time to unwind, and don't feel guilty about taking some time to sit in the garden and watch the plants grow.

I'm sure that there are lots more things that I've been thinking of, but maybe this is enough. Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Good goals. I'm so happy that you were given this opportunity.