29.7.11

It all started with the Tour de France...


...after about 20 years of not riding a bike, I got a new one yesterday. We were watching the Tour de France, and Martin mentioned that it would be fun if we both got bikes. A week later, and I am the proud owner of the Trek Pure Lowstep 2010 model - I bought it used (I prefer the colours available this year, but beggars can't be choosers!) - and I love it. Getting on that bike literally made me feel like a kid again! It's comfortable and fun to ride, and yeah - I think it's pretty cute. I have a basket on mine as well. The plan is to commute to work via bike/ferry along the waterside trails, avoiding city streets as much as possible. I don't think I'll be ready for the Tour anytime soon, but give me a nice flat country like Holland, and I'm there!

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Sweet ride!

I have to say that one of the best days of my life was the day my boyfriend + I decided to play hookey from work and we ended up laying on the couch watching that day's Tour de France coverage. It was just one of those relaxing, wonderful days where you feel like you are stealing time.