19.2.06

Lazy Weekend


I had a pretty lazy weekend. Went to a town called Truro that's about an hour from here to visit my mom and grandmother. There is not much to do there, so visits are always nice and relaxing. I helped my mom pick out some fabric for her bedroom, worked on designing some greeting cards, ate loads of yummy food and began knitting a shrug. I am wondering if choosing the shrug for my second project is a bit ambitious, but the instructions seemed very simple, and it will be cool to make something that I can actually wear. I got some really gorgeous and soft Alpaca yarn in a dreamy blue/green colour that will be perfect for spring. However, I am not sure if I will be wearing it this spring, as progress is pretty slow. Although I enjoyed my lazy weekend, I have lots of book ideas and projects to finish, so it's back into the studio tomorrow. But, right now I hear a glass of red calling my name...

1 comment:

mishka said...

fo'get the yarn - that pillow in the background is gorgeous! Inspires me to go buy some fabric this week to make some beautiful throw pillows for my couch... which I need to re-upholster since the kitties ripped one of the arms to shreds... grrr....

Seriously, though, good luck with the shrug. It's not too ambitious for your second project (says the girl who made a shrug for her second project...)