21.9.07

Taking the good with the bad...


This week, it’s been all about balancing the good with the bad. I think I’ll do the bad first – Milo was sick and I had to take him off to the vet where he stayed for a whole day. It was traumatic for both of us! He was up all night on Tuesday crying and doing this weird gulping thing – he was really in distress. The short of it is – he swallowed something that he shouldn’t have and it scratched his throat. Luckily – whatever it was didn’t create a blockage or puncture his insides and need to be removed surgically. Thank goodness for pet insurance!

The good – there are a couple of things. Really good things. I submitted my work to the Nova Scotia Designer Crafts Council to be juried, and they have accepted me as a member! This means that I can participate in their markets and events (hopefully more on this later), and it will give me a lot of great exposure. But, probably the best part of it is that I got some fantastic feedback from people who are intimately involved with the craft scene and see different work all the time - so this is a huge boost for me! I also want to say that all of the people working in the NSDCC office are both amazingly sweet and professional at the same time. I am very happy to be a (small) part of this organization.


One more good bit – my beloved Feist is coming to Halifax! I just found out today, and I literally squealed with delight when I heard the news. I saw her last show here about a year and a half ago and it was fantastic! She is becoming so famous that I was afraid she wouldn’t visit this little part of the world anymore – but she is coming! I guess she loves Nova Scotia as much as we love her though – her song “Mushaboom” is about a place that’s on the Eastern Shore of the province, about half an hour from where I live. I will be first in line when the tickets go on sale – wish me luck!


PS - this photo is one I took on our holidays at the Annapolis Royal Historic Gardens. Worth a visit if you're in the area and like plants. If you don't like plants, they have a german bakery there with lots of yummy pastries. They actually brush extra sugar glaze on top of whatever you order - yum!

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! I am soooooo happy for you- I wish I could give you a big congratulatory hug!

As for Feist- The song 1234 is used in an Apple Nano comercial here (don't know if they show it in Canada) + my boyfriend said "you need to get that album- it's your kind of music." Have fun!

And kisses to Milo- he needs to be a well pup.

Sabine said...

Congratulations!
And I am pleased to read that your lovely dog is not seriously ill!
That bakery sounds nice... My son just went to Berlin with his school, and he says that the cakes and pies in Germany are amazing!

Heather said...

Congratulations on your new membership!! I'm glad Milo is doing ok - they get into everything don't they?