24.3.08

Gotta lotta birds....



I've spent the last little bit updating my etsy shop with the "Little Bird" collage, as well as my bird prints and some new images of my bird cards. I took lots of new photos over the weekend in an attempt to jazz up my shop a bit. They are an improvement, but I can't say I'm totally thrilled with the results. It's really difficult to get good light here in the winter - maybe when it brightens up a bit, I'll get some better shots.


I have to say, that taking photos of my work is something that I struggle with. I'm hoping it gets better with practice - but I just can't seem to get exactly what I want. I'm no whiz at Photoshop either, so that can get frustrating too. That being said, I had lots of fun using props. Just things I have around the house - but I really think it helps people imagine how things might look in their home. My favorite "prop shot" is totally random - I placed the collage on the shelf with my teacup collection, and I really like the way it looks. Hmm...cuppa tea...sounds like a good idea right now!
By the way - isn't that the most corny title ever!

4 comments:

Austen said...

Hey! I love 'Little Bird' - and the teacups! They look great together. :) Have a good week.

Anonymous said...

Yep, you've got to love birds... they are wonderful little feathered souls, aren't they?

alwaysthegoodgirl said...

Hi, I love the Little Bird collage. Is it hard to find an 8x8 frame? What size frame do you have it in those photos in your Etsy shop?

trudi said...

Thanks to all for your nice comments. And - Shrink Knit - I got my frame here in Canada at Superstore/Loblaws - it measures 14 x 14 with an 8X8 opening. The frame came fitted with the 8X8 matt, but I would suggest buying an inexpensive square frame and having a matt cut to fit - it could even look cool in a rectangular frame fitted with a matt with a square opening.