13.4.08

All about me....





I had a really busy week - I was working on a project that needed to be completed quickly, but was quite involved. It's all done, which is a great relief, and it worked out and was well recieved, which is an even bigger relief! But, this weekend finds me tired, headachy, and just worn out. So, I'm taking a break from work - it's all about me! This is what I've been up to -


-visiting my mom and nana. Just some nice relaxing family time. Milo loves it there too - especially when he gets fed pieces of molasses cookie with butter.

-shopping - got some fun things in the very tail end of the winter sales. It's still chilly here, so I'll get to wear them a bit more before spring. I can't find photos online, and I can't rouse myself to take any, but I got two cute high waisted skirts and a velvet jacket from Kensie, an amazing pair of black wide leg pants (I feel like Katherine Hepburn!), some linen-y type wide leg pants, high-waisted wide leg dark denim jeans, a coral coloured balloon sleeve cardi...now that I write it all down, it seems like heaps, but it was all on sale, and I was in a real clothing rut. I also notice that a pattern is emerging with the high waisted stuff - I have to say that I really like it, and find it a bit more flattering for me. I feel like scooping up everything high waisted I can find before this trend is over! A side note - the jeans are from Suzy Shier - a bit like the photo above. I like some of the denim stuff they have, and it's so cheap!

-a new hair cut and colour. I love the cut - my stylist is the greatest - but the colour is taking some getting used to. I did it at home, and the shade was called "Espresso Bean" - on the packet, it looked dark brown. It is black. Not a super dark black, but black all the same. I'm usually a medium-darkish brown, so this is taking some getting used to. A couple of people have said they like it - I'll keep it for a bit. Maybe I'll grow to like it.
-I want to buy a few books - Bazaar Style, The Boss of You, and Why does my dog act that way? (that little dog is an enigma wrapped in a riddle, let me tell you).
-We're having salmon for dinner. It's a little recipe that I kind of made up. The salmon is marinated in soy, honey and mustard, and I serve it with brown rice and savoy cabbage that's dressed in rice wine vinegar, sugar, lemon and a bit of mayo. I find it quite yummy (and hopefully) rejuvenating.

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

yay for doing fun stuff for yourself-
movie suggestions (if you have not seen them)
"Notes on a Scandal" if you have not seen it (I had not) LOVED IT!
"Junebug" (not to be confused with "Juno," staring NS's supa-star) it was too sweet, although Tom is afraid that everyone might think people in the south decorate their homes with ugly furniture.
Watched "Lars and the Real Girl" last night, um....uh...(you can't see me scatching my head over this one).