3.11.06

Adorn

I picked up a new - well, new to me anyhow - magazine called "Adorn" last night. The tag line on the cover is "the crafty girl's guide to embellishing life." The magazine features articles on paper craft, jewellery, sewing, knitting and felting, and seems to have a connection to the blogging community. It's also full of lovely images, like the one on the right. I should love this magazine, but for some reason, I don't. Maybe because it's tiny in size, but still cost $6 CDN, maybe it's because it's so chock full of ads that I feel that all the projects in the magazine are selling a particular product, maybe because I feel that the projects are a bit too simple? I don't know, I can't really put my finger on it. I'm not saying that I hate the magazine, I just don't like it as much as I thought I would. I'll have another flick through - it's got a bit on pom poms and I've always wanted to try my hand at those - but I don't think it will become a regular addition to the piles of magazines teetering precariously in all the corners of my house. I'll stick with the old faves, like Martha, and the new faves, like marie claire idees.

2 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Thanks for the review- someone recommended this magazine to me, but I had not picked it up yet.
I am still eagerly awaiting my first issue of Domino. I got the gift with subscription nylon tote last week (actually, it went into the thrift shop donation bin) but want to get my first issue!
WOW that sounds whiney!

mishka said...

I have to look for that magazine this weekend. Thanks for the tip :)