15.10.06

Pretty in Pink


If I had a practice of naming my books, which actually isn't a bad idea, I think I'd name this one Andie, after Molly Ringwald's character in "Pretty in Pink." I'll admit, it's pretty sad that I know the names of the characters in that movie, but I am a true child of the 80's.

There is something in the combination of pink and red in this book that reminds me of the movie, and of Molly. Maybe I am thinking of the tragic pink prom dress she wore (no wonder Blaine didn't ask her - yikes!) in combination with her red hair?

Although I loved this movie as a "tween", I don't think that I ever thought this dress was cool. In fact, as I've mentioned in previous posts, my colour sense is pretty boring in the everyday. I'm a basic black kind of girl. However, when it comes to my books and artwork, I love colour. The more loud and garish the combination, the better. Take a peek inside this album - the pages are a colour called strawberry. Red, pink and strawberry...I think that Andie (and Duckie!) would approve.

4 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

That is not sad at all...I recently watched this movie for the first time since Jr. High(?) + fell in love with Blane all over again (maybe that makes me sad). Yah, that dress was U-G-L-Y, but I thought Annie Potts clothes were rad!
My friend just e-mailed me a link to another paper shop suggesting it might become a new addiction, she's awful like that.
http://www.hollanders.com/index.shtml
Looking good!

mishka said...

The book is fabulous! I have really become fond of the pink/red colour combination. Incredible work, you!


(is it really sad that I liked the prom dress she made? maybe it's not so much the final dress, but her awesome reconstructing process. meh. maybe i just have bad taste)

Veronica TM said...

The book looks wonderful! That dress however...But I have to admit that I watched that movie and I really liked it at that time.

blueberry bandit said...

Oh, I love, love, love this book! Pink and red are such a wonderful color combination. "Pretty in Pink" is still one of my all-time favorite movies... I saw it 3 times in the theater and have watched it many times since!