3.7.08

An American Kath & Kim?

Just found out this morning that one of my favorite Aussie shows "Kath & Kim" is being adapted for American TV, starring Molly Shannon and Selma Blair. While I'll be tuning in to check it out, I'm a bit dubious. The original show is about a mother and daughter living in the suburbs of Melbourne, who are...lets just say dysfunctional. One of the ongoing jokes in the show is that the 30-something daughter, Kim, thinks she's really hot stuff and dresses in very young clothing. Selma Blair really is hot stuff, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I just don't think either of them look daggy enough. Anyhow, check out some clips of the original show on You Tube, then check out the new version and see what you think. That's what I'm going to do...

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I L-O-V-E Molly Shannon, must look out for this. I was VERY skeptical about an American version of The Office, but dare I say, I like it better, so you just never know. As for Selma Blair, hey, I L-O-V-E Molly Shannon.