26.7.08

Twilight

I am hooked on a series of books written for teenage girls. I discovered "Twilight" by Stephanie Meyer last week, and have since read three 400 page volumes about the romance between a mortal girl and a vampire. The final book in the series, "Breaking Dawn" comes out next week. I am so glad I discovered these now, as the wait between books would have been agonizing! They are the perfect beach read, and I'm so looking forward to the movie that's coming out in December. From the movie stills, I really like the casting - I can understand why the main character, Bella, would fall for the vampire Edward - phwoar! So, now you know why I haven't written a blog post in ages. Now, I'm off to try and do some age appropriate activities, but it's going to be difficult.

4 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I learned about this series when I was at a friend's house + she surprized her 15-yr-old daughter with the 2nd book...she hugged it. HUGE display at our local video/ book/ music store.

Miss Potter: Good, but Renee Z as Beatrix Potter seemed wrong.

Funny Games: Intensely terrifying. Really good.

Liz said...

a friend delivered all 3 books a week or so ago, and I am almost finished as well... and awaiting the last and final volume... I have found lately, that I so much more enjoy what they call "young adult" fiction than "adult" fiction... and isn't it amazing how this story just sticks to the outer layer of your skin, and you carry it around all day with you...

Lyndsay said...

my little sister LOVES these, I think she's read this one three times - maybe i'll need to pick up a copy -

Anonymous said...

Your post was the last push for me to go and get a copy of Twilight. I also loved it. As soon as I finished it, I ordered all the remaining books in the series. I can't wait until they get here!