16.4.06

Does this mean I'm it?



I've been tagged by Ellia! I think that she tagged me a couple of days ago, but I have to admit, I've been a bit remiss in my blog reading, so I just noticed today. When I read that she'd tagged me, I actually panicked! I felt as thought I had been tagged "it" - but it's all good fun - so here goes...all things to do with the number five...

1. Five minutes to yourself: how would you spend them, ideally?
I've got lots of reading to do. I got a book at Christmastime - "Specimen Days" by Michael Cunningham, that I've wanted to read for ages, but haven't got a chance. Martin also bought me a book for my birthday a couple of months ago called "the Inklings" which is about the friendship between C.S. Lewis and J.R.R. Tolkien, which I would like to read soon. Yes, this does make me a total nerd!

2. Five bucks to spend right now: how would you spend it?

I would probably buy yet another magazine! We were at the bookshop today, and I was tempted to buy so many, but kept seeing the disapproving face of our financial advisor in my mind, and decided against it. But, if it was free money, I'd probably get Living etc. (the issue I saw had a flat in Paris lighted by dozens of Chinese paper lanterns - so beautiful!)or Canadian Home and Country (it's their annual flea market and cottage decorating issue - which appeals to me as a cottage-inhabiting flea market hound!).

3. Five items in your house you could part with, right now, that you hadn't thought of already? This is a really tough one! I would say all the horrible furniture in my bedroom - but unfortunately, I am still using it. So, lets say all the cardboard boxes in the basement, my old computer, the yucky stereo-stand thing that my old computer was sitting on, the mostly empty paint cans that we are too lazy to take to the enviro depot and the suitcases full of old clothing in the basement that I am not wearing, but again, am too lazy to go through and throw out.

4. Five items you absolutely, positively could never part with in your house?
My jewellery - it's not fancy, but I like it! My books - I've lugged them all over the world, so I'm not about to part with them now! My radio - I love listening to music, and my local CBC (nerd status - totally confirmed), all my art supplies and tools and finally, Martin.

5. Five words you love?
Don't know if I love these words, but I say them all the time...
- Cool
- No Worries
- Lovely
- More wine please.
- Impunity

Thanks Ellia, that was loads of fun! I guess that I will tag Mishka and Marieke.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for tagging me - I really liked it!

Your part about the more wine please, is so funny ;-)

Anonymous said...

Love your five tag... I've just posted my five tag - such fun to do!

mishka said...

and I tag you.

(evil laugh)

Anonymous said...

haha- good answers :) makes ya think, eh?!

Anonymous said...

I love the five things you could do without.