14.6.06

Double Happiness Happenings

Some good things are happening with my little book business, which by the way is called Double Happiness - hence the blog title. A shop owner contacted me and asked if she could stock my books in her shop, and also asked if I would come in and teach some classes on papercrafting - cool! I just find it so amazing that someone saw my work out there and likes it. I've always been kind of shy about showing my work, so it took a lot of effort for me to get out there and start promoting my stuff last year, but I'm so glad that I did.

The other good thing is that I'm constantly busy, I am selling pretty much everything that I make. The downside to that though is that I haven't really had much time to experiment and make new things. I have been itching to make some cards and some christmas-type things, do some knitting, and maybe do a bit more drawing. Maybe this weekend, after I finish making some books!

By the way, I'm sorry that my post titles are always so corny and punny. I just can't help it.

3 comments:

mishka said...

another shop? that's such great news! It's kinda funny though - you start something as a hobby, which then turns into a business and you end up longing for time for other hobbies :) I'm so happy for you - your books are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

what?! corny and puny?! i dont think so!!!!!!!!! they are perfect, girl!!!

and that is FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!! your framed sign is even too cute!!! gosh, i am sure you will get some time to work on what you want... in the meantime, at least you are being productive and people are fiending for your stuff... yayyyyy :)

trudi said...

Thanks guys! And it is ironic, isn't it, the whole hobby/work conundrum! I bet that Picasso just wanted to hunker down and produce a few spreadsheets sometimes! Hee, hee.