16.12.06

Cary'ed Away

I love Cary Grant. Not in the romantic crush type of sense - although he's obviously handsome, I don't really find him attractive. I just love his hammy acting, his hilarious double takes, the fact that he didn't mind poking fun at himself (can you imagine Tom Cruise in "Arsenic and Old Lace - I think not!), the way that he was so sophisticated and classy and private (unlike the "stars" of today), and of course, his sense of style.

So, when I saw this book at my local bookstore, I was very excited. It has wonderful photos from many of Cary's films, and reminded me of why I love him so much. I know that it's one book on my Christmas wish list, and I'm sure that Shona would echo that sentiment. Cary Christmas everyone! (Like Cary, I cannot resist a corny pun!)

1 comment:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

Yes indeed!!!!! although I do think he's handsome. Tom Cruise in “Arsenic + Old Lace?” Now I'm going to have nightmares.
My absolute favorite moments in his movies are the ones that YOU KNOW were improvised, he delivers a deadpan line+ the other actor just stops, for a moment, + he gives this look like, yes...continue with the scene + don't blow it.
I think the best was his exchange with Audrey Hepburn in the opening of "Charade."
I could go on...I could have written that book.
Enjoy it!