10.12.06

Sprucing the place up...


I spent yesterday sprucing the place up, literally. I finished decorating my tree - well, actually, I redecorated my tree after someone came home late after a work party and knocked half the ornaments off. Not naming any names, but this person was in the doghouse for quite a little bit. Anyhow, I decorated my sad little $10 bargain store tree, and I think it looks ok. The branches were a bit sparse, so I filled them in with red berry branches. I've gone for a bit of a "woodland" theme, but really, it's all over the place. I just took all the things I like - disco balls, little birds, butterflies, vintage glass ornaments and lots of pink and silver - and plunked them on the tree. Really, you can't go wrong with a Christmas tree, anything with lights on it looks so pretty. By the way, these are the first photos with my new camera - hurrah! Much better macro and low light functions. There are a couple more over on my Flickr, if you're interested.

The other sprucing came in the form of cleaning. Since the craft show, our house has been a real mess. I spent hours cleaning up, and also hanging some pictures and things that I've meant to do for a while. I finally got the print that Marieke gave me off the mantel and on the wall, and I think it looks quite sweet. Today, I tackle my studio and get back to work on my final pre-Christmas orders. Wish me productivity!

5 comments:

Austen said...

i love those little birds on your christmas tree, where did you find them? our tree is up but looking a bit sparse...maybe a good thing, considering how many post-christmas-party-homecomings it's going to have to survive this week!

Heather said...

I really like the print and your lamp! The tree looks beautiful...I really think that adding in those extra branches give it the woodsy theme you were going for and the ornaments give it a whimsical look. Great pictures with the new camera!

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

your tree looks beautiful! I am looking forward to going to my parent's so I can have a tree around.
The photos taken with your new camera look fan-ta-s-tic! And as for the cleaning- YES! + framing- YES! (I got my Camilla Engman "Listen" print + immediately framed it). everything looks wonderful.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful Christmas tree, I also love the birds and the berries. You found the perfect frame for Marieke's print, it looks wonderful in that corner and matches your lamp so well.

Marieke said...

I recognized the bird first (it's still on my desk and has been drawn a lot), and then the other bird! You framed it beautifully! It's so great to see something familiar in an unknown interior. Xxx P.s. it all looks wonderfully Christmas over there!