14.1.07

De-lurking


I've been reading some posts on a few other blogs about "de-lurking" - kind of introducing yourself to blog readers, so I thought that I might do the same. My profile isn't incredibly informative, and although I talk about snippets of my life on the blog, I think that someone reading it wouldn't really know much about, well...me. So, here goes.
As you might be aware, I work full-time for a University, but I have a part-time business creating hand made books. I've been doing this for a couple of years now, and I really enjoy it. I live in Nova Scotia, which is where I was born, and spent many of my young years. When I was a young teen, we lived in Toronto for a few years where I met my friend Mishka, and gained an appreciation of alternative music, especially the Cure. We then moved back to Nova Scotia, where I completed high school and University - a BA with a major in International Development Studies (don't ask). I worked for a bit to save money, and then spent some time travelling around Europe, and doing a working holiday in London. That's where I met my Aussie husband. I spent 8 years living in Sydney with him, and we came back to live here in Nova Scotia around 3 years ago. That's a brief history, but some other stats are - I have 3 half-brothers and a half-sister (I'm the only child that my parents had together) and many nieces and nephews. I'm going to be 35 next month, but a lot of people think that I'm younger. I really like those people. As discussed ad nauseum in this blog, I have many loves, including travel, art, movies, reading, daschunds and red shoes. And, that's it, in a nutshell.
I've been showing lots of photos of my house lately, and this is one taken in my little storm porch. I guess I really should have included a photo of myself, but that's another thing about me - I hate having my photo taken. It was really tough for me to put a real photo in my profile. So, I'll leave you with a painting my mom gave me quite a few years ago when I was living in Australia to remind me of home. I don't really know much about the artist, but I love the colours and the way they look against the paint in the porch. Initially, I wanted to repaint this room, but it's begun to grow on me. A bit like this whole blogging thing...

3 comments:

Shona~ LALA dex press said...

I've been thinking about de-lurking too. We have something in common (besides book making + love of letterpress) I will be 35 in March, but no one believes me. I guess it's better than people saying, Oh, I thought you were much older. And I also don't like having my picture taken.
I watched Extras last night + laughed, I don't think Orlando Bloom is attractive either. Thank you again for the heads up on the iTunes download.

Veronica TM said...

It has been such a pleasure to have read your blog entries {and seen your creations and photos} last year and I am so looking forward to visiting you this year, Trudi!

Anonymous said...

its a great post... always wonderful to read about bloggers and get a peek into their life!!! i would have never guessed 35 from the photo i saw of you.... you do appear younger :) i love how clean your blog looks too!!!!

hugs my dear!